Saturday, December 5, 2009

Mike T's Week 13 Dogs: Redskins Welcome Saints in Let Down Game


by Mike T.

It was another 2-1 week for me as the Pats and the Saints missed FGs, failed 4th down attempts, and a replaced QB with 5 1/2 minutes left kept the game under by one point. It was a frustrating under to watch as their were so many possibilities to put it over.
I'm now 24-12 still winning 2/3 of my games but the last few weeks I've seen some late disappointing let downs that could have gotten there. Nonetheless it's been a pretty good year for me so far and I'm now going back to my early season ways and taking dogs.

Jaguars +2.5 vs Texans
This is the second meeting between these two teams with Jax winning the first one on the road as a 4 point dog. Now the Jags are a 2.5 point home dogs against a team they've already beaten. Jax is also a much better home team than they are on the road. I've had some success with this philosophy earlier this year with Cincy . I have not seen one game where the Texans have played two solid halves of football. They look outstanding in the first half(like last weeks Colts game) and awful in the second half or vice versa. Look for the Jags to put this team away by a score or two by the middle of the 4th qtr.
Jaguars 28 Texans 20

Redskins +9.5 vs Saints
To me this game sets up even better than the Oakland over Cincy game I picked a few weeks ago. The Saints absolutely destroyed a very good, high powered Pats team at home on a Monday night. Now they are riddled with injuries(18 players on the official report), have one less day to prepare and have to travel to the very cold northeast. The Saints are certainly a much more talented team but that doesn't always mean that they will win. This is the NFL. Any given Sunday...
The Redskins have been playing solid football lately, beating Denver and losing last minute heart breakers to division rivals (Dallas-Philly) in back to back weeks. With doubtful injuries to two of the Saints starting O-linemen, I expect the Skins front four on defense to disrupt the timing of Brees and possibly forcing some turnovers. I think the Skins will have a lead in the 4th qtr but holding onto it may be another story. Either way I'll takes the points with the home dog.
Redskins 24 Saints 21

Cardinals +3.5 vs Vikings
After three straight home wins the Vikes have practically clinched their division. Now they travel to Arizona to take on the Cards in what may be a preview to a playoff game. The Vikes should not take this team lightly or they can fall behind in a hurry. With the return of Kurt Warner into the lineup this could be a statement game for the Cards as they look to maintain their two game division lead.
The Vikes are a public play and I'm going to be on the other side with the home dog in a shootout.
Cardinals 35 Vikings 31

1 comment:

  1. Machine Gun T nailing them down! Way to go. Nice Streak going!

    ReplyDelete