Saturday, January 9, 2010

Wildcard Weekend

by Mike T.

Jets +2.5 at Bengals over 34
The Jets come into Cincinnati after destroying them last week in what was a pretty meaningless game for the Bengals. The Bengals have dropped three of the last for games heading into the playoffs. That is not a good sign. The Jets are pretty healthy while the Bengals have a long list of injuries. I like the Jets in this spot and I think the Bengals will put up some points to put this game over.
Jets 24 Bengals 13

Cowboys -4 vs Eagles

The Eagles have to travel back to "Big D" after blowing their chances of getting the two seed in the NFC last week. Unlike AZ and Cin, the Eagles had something to play for last week and didn't show up. The Cowboys defense has now pitched back to back shutouts and is playing their best ball of the season at the right time. I can see the front seven of the Cowboys taking advantage of an Eagle O line that's seen it's share of injuries once again. The Cowboys end their streak of playoff losses (since 1997) and take care of business.
Cowboys 31 Eagles 21


more on the Pats/Ravens and Cards/Pack later......

It was nice to start day one of the playoffs at 3-0 let's see if I can keep it going.

Pats -4 vs Ravens
This is the time of year when the Pats turn it up a notch. Many think that the loss of Welker means big trouble for New England. I'm sure they'd love to have him but Julian Edleman has done a fantastic job filling in for Welker earlier this year. Besides the Welker injury this Pats team is pretty healthy while the Ravens are the ones who are pretty banged up. This is also the Ravens 3rd straight road game and are 3-5 on the road this year. The Pats are 8-0 at home and about to make it 9.
Patriots 27 Ravens 17

Cardinals PK vs Packers
Earlier in the week I thought the Pack was the play here, now I don't think so. I watched this line move over 4 points in 5 days. That's unbelievable! This line opened at -2.5 for the Cards and now some books have the Cards as a 3 point home dog(5Dimes). It doesn't seem like anyone is betting on the Cards. I did and I probably should have waited longer and got a better price. I don't think we'll see anything like what we saw last week from these two teams. The NFC champs are not going to get blown out again at home by the same team two weeks in a row. I might have to go back to the book in the afternoon and get some money line.
Cardinals 38 Packers 30

1 comment:

  1. Like all the sides. Wish I had a chance to bets those games yesterday

    ReplyDelete