Undefeated teams: No. 2 Texas vs. No. 1 Alabama -4 O/U 44
- SEC looking for 4th straight BCS Title: Florida Bookends with LSU
- Nick Saban 10-3 SU & ATS when his team & opponent are undefeated
- SEC Championship game winners are 7-1 in Bowls
- Alabama No. 2 defense in Nation
- Texas bad game: vs Colorado in Austin October 10th: 14-14 at half - needed a punt and kick return to blow game open in 2nd half winning 38-14.
- Heisman trophy jinx in Championship games: Mark Ingram - only two Heisman winners won their bowls in the last decade - both USC QB’s - and only Matt Leinart won the Heisman and Title in same year over that span. Since 1950 only 5 Heisman winners have won both in a season.
- Texas 7-0-1 all-time vs. Alabama - last meeting in 1982 Cotton Bowl (14-12 Texas win)
- Underdog is 19-6 ATS since 1985 when No. 1 plays No. 2
- Mack Brown 7-1 in last 8 Bowls
- Bama's bad game: vs Tennessee October 24th: 12-10 win in Tuscaloosa needing two 4th qtr blocked kicks to win the game.