Friday, January 7, 2011

Roberts NFL Wild Card Weekend Selections: Saints Laying 10 Stands Out The Most

Drew Brees should have no problems at Seattle
I have been torn all week on who to pick in all four of the Wild Card matchups with leans towards the underdogs. I could just leave the games alone, and probably should, but I want to watch the games with some vested interest. It really is hard to watch games without any type of action, whether it’s a friendly bet with a friend, squares pool at a bar, fantasy football or any other proposition based betting that happens on the fly. So I will bet, but I will bet smaller than usual. Even if I do well and show a profit, negating what a normal unit profit would have been, I will know that I didn’t really, really like a side.

Saints -10 @ Seattle: Nine losses by 15 or more points is a pretty good start to bet against someone, especially when the Saints were one of those teams that already did it. The Seahawks won their playoff game last week against the Rams. Saints should roll.

Saints/Seahawks OVER 44 ½: Because I like the Saints to win handsomely, the total should get there as I’m looking for a 38-16 score.

Jets +2 @ Indianapolis: I’m not buying into Peyton Manning at home this time around. I don’t like that the public is with the Jets, but the Colts just aren’t a very good team right now. If the Jets can get two offensive touchdowns, they’ll win, and I think they will. No opinion on the total of 44 ½, but if liking the Jets to win, I would look at the under.

Ravens -3 @ Kansas City: This spot reminds me a little of the Jets game at Cincinnati in this round last year. Nice story this season with the Chiefs and their great running game, but defense carries this one and I believe the front seven of Baltimore will give the Chiefs a hard time. I also like how battle tested these Ravens are on the road in the playoffs. A small lean to the under 40 ½ also.

Eagles -3 vs. Packers: This is the toughest of all the games this weekend. The public loves the Packers while everyone is down on the Eagles after two straight poor performances. However, I’ll take the Eagles at home with DeSean Jackson back in the lineup against a Packers offense that falls asleep sometimes.

There you have it, my five plays of the weekend without much conviction. Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment