Saturday, October 24, 2009

Mike T's Week 7 NFL Picks


by Mike T.

After disappointing losses by the Giants and the Chargers I went 1-2 last week. I'm now 10-8 for the year. This is yet another week with a lot of touchdown or more favorites which is something I never like to lay. Therefore, I am again limited to the plays I can make. So I have 1 dog, 1 pick em' and 1 total.

Vikings at Steelers
As many now know it is almost impossible to go into Baltimore and Pittsburgh in back to back weeks and sweep. It's only been done once in the last 13 times. I do think the Curtain will win this game but with the line moving from 4 to 6 I'm going to stay away from the side and go with the under (46) in this one.
Steelers 21 Vikings 17

Bears at Bengals
This game opened at Cinn -3 and is now a pick. I don't really understand why this line has moved so much. I'm not complaining though, as I like Cincy to bounce back at home this week. The Bears are really thin at the LB position which could mean a big game out of former Bears RB Cedric Benson. In fact I think he may run wild on them. Benson 150 yards 2 TDs.
Bengals 24 Bears 14

Saints at Dolphins
I'd have to be out of my mind to go against the Saints two weeks in a row but I'm going to. I expect to see a game similar to the Colts/Phins Monday night game earlier this year. Lots of ball control ground work for the Fish and quick scores from the WhoDats. This one will be a lot closer than the blowout the Saints had last week. Out of conference road game after a huge conference win which may ultimately give the Saints home field is a recipe for let down. I'm taking the wildcat and the 6.5 points.
Dolphins 24 Saints 22






No comments:

Post a Comment