Saturday, October 31, 2009

Mike T's Week 8 Picks: 49ers, Dolphins & Balt-Den Under


by Mike T.

If not for a 2nd half meltdown by the Dolphins I would have had a perfect week. I still can't understand why a team that runs the ball so well changed their game plan at halftime and appeared to want to get in a shoot out with the Saints. Had they stuck with the 1st half plan Miami would have won big. I'm now 12-9 after going 2-1 last week. I'm going with 2 dogs and a total this week.

Dolphins +3.5 @ Jets
I expect to see the Dolphins rebound after a heartbreaking loss to the Saints last week. The Jets have 11 guys listed on their injury report with only 5 of them probable while the Fish are practically injury free at this point. I could see a lower scoring more ball control game from both teams than we did the first time these two teams met(31-27 Mia). The difference in this one may a few Ints by Sanchez
Dolphins 21 Jets 14

49ers +13 @ Colts
It's hard to come up with a reason why I think the Niners have a chance in this one but I think they do. Aside from the line being off by a few points I think the Colts may start out a little flat and will have to work their way back into this game. We will probably see a heavy dose of Frank Gore while trying to keep the high powered Colts offense off the field. The Colts will try to rally from behind to pull off the win which is likely but I think the Niners hang on to win a close one.
49ers 24 Colts 23

Broncos +3.5 @ Ravens (41.5 total)

This is a good test for both of these teams.The Broncos have been quite a surprise this year. They are playing great defense and mistake free offense. The Ravens have lost 3 in a row including a disappointing loss at the Vikes two weeks ago. Both teams are coming off a bye so they've had plenty of time to prepare for this one. This is one of a few games that I don't want to miss. I expect to see a low scoring great defensive game with the Ravens handing Denver their first loss.
Ravens 16 Broncos 10




1 comment: