Thursday, October 15, 2009
Las Vegas Line Moves: Books Attempt To Combat Sharp Parlay Card Action
by Micah Roberts
NFL Line Moves: Lines Courtesy of Las Vegas Hilton SuperBook
Bengals opened a home -3.5 point favorite and is up to the dead number of -5.5 against the Texans.
Broncos opened as an underdog again at +4.5 for their Monday Night game at San Diego and it has been pushed down to +3.5. It’s the first time all season that the Broncos have been bet on which usually means the they’ll be a good bet against with so much weight and opinion on their side.
All the key numbers have been bet from other than a few huge -14 point favorites. The only action among those 3 two-touchdown favorites has been bets on Detroit at Green Bay despite Calvin Johnson possibly not playing.
* Bills money knocked the Jets off of -10 to -9.5.
* Viking got some money laying only -2.5 pushing it to -3 even.
* Tampa Bay found some takers as a home dog at +3.5 against the Panthers pushing
the number to +3 even.
* Saints opened up a -3 -120 favorite and found a few takers pushing it to -3 -125 , an obvious sign the books don’t want to get off “3” in what will be a big game
* Seahawks laying only -2.5 at home against the Cardinals found takers and the number is now -3 even.
* The Falcons at home laying -3 flat to the Bears got some attention and bumped it to -3 -125 in what will be another large wagered upon game since it’s the Sunday night get-back game. Depending on how the books do on Sunday, this game should eventually find its way to -4.
Read More on VegasInsider.com